Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Amy's Gallery of Fine Art



I love art! I have pretty much loved art my whole life. I attribute a lot of that love to my 5th grade teacher, Mr. Busco, who had a passion for it and encouraged her students to get creative. I studied art all through high school, both doing it and learning about it. My goal was to get into the art program at BYU. When I didn't make it into the program, I was devastated but I decided that I still loved art and I continued to take art classes as electives, while I studied English Literature.


With the art classes I took during my English studies, I learned that I love the fluidity and freedom of water color, that oil painting is really hard (Go Myra!!!), and that calligraphy is an amazing form of art. Although I might not have majored in the visual arts, I learned a lot about my personal style and I sharpened my skills in something I really enjoy.


You may view my current works on my sister's kitchen wall, in mother's hallway, in the box under my bed, and one other work, which I have recently added to my gallery....Rainbow Bright's horse! I sure hope you remember who Rainbow Bright is!

When my friend asked me to paint a mural on her daughter's bedroom wall, I was very hesitant,...but up for the challenge!!! Ok, so it wasn't anything really complicated, but her daughter had been having nightmares and didn't want to sleep in her own room, so my friend thought if she spiced up the bedroom a bit, her daughter would want to be in there. Amy to the rescue!!


So I painted Rainbow Bright's horse on the wall.... it was a long grueling process, but thank heaven I didn't have to lie on my back for months while I painted the Sistine Chapel ceiling or anything.


I'm happy with how the whole thing turned out... I mean, it's not Michelangelo, but I think little Kylee liked it anyway.




2 comments:

Shauna said...

Your horse turned out great! Will you come paint one on my wall too? As you know, Rainbow Bright was my icon growing up. Keep up the beautiful work!

Erika said...

I am very impressed! How come you never painted murals in our various apartments? Maybe a nice cockroach scene?