Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rite Aid or Wrong Aid


I work close to Rite Aid. It's pretty handy to have a Rite Aid right there, just in case I need any last minute prescriptions filled for my chronic chocolate needs, you know. Rite Aid, however, has been the source of much confusion/amusement as of late. Myra (my partner in crime who works down the hall from me, and who is also my room mate) and I make frequent trips to Rite Aid on hot Las Vegas days, to refresh ourselves with any of their cool beverages, or just to get a sugar high before having to return to the old grind. Communication at Rite Aid has been difficult the past few trips. In fact, just yesterday we were standing in line and this woman walks in with her cart, goes up to the cashier and asks "Where is your Breet?" The cashier's brow furrows "What?" "Your Breet." The woman persists. "Um, I'm not sure...oh Brita? As in water?" The woman stiffened in her haughtiness "Yes, your Breet." Okay, maybe you had to be there, but I just wanted to laugh out loud! Breet? I had no clue what she was referring to and I had thought she was saying Freet! The whole time I was thinking "What the crap is Freet?" Well, this isn't the first time we have had miscommunication issues at Rite Aid. A while back Myra was trying to use her debit card and asked the cashier about the transaction. Well, the cashier thought Myra was talking about a coupon, for some reason, and she kept trying to tell Myra how the coupon would only take a certain amount off of her purchase. Once again, communication was confused and we walked out of the store wondering what the deal was with people at Rite Aid. The last time I went in there, one cashier was telling the other "I just hung up on Dan, and then I hung up on Cindy. I don't know what's wrong with this phone!" and right at that moment, she dropped it. "I'll tell you what's wrong with your phone lady." I thought. Oh the strange things that happen and the strange people that you'll find at Rite Aid! Good thing I stopped working there a long time ago! I should have known Rite Aid was doomed when I walked into work in the pharmacy department one day and there were police all over the place. Come to find out, one of the pharmacists was pocketing drugs!! Shauna (my other partner in crime and my sister) can attest to the Rite Aid/Wrong Aid conspiracy too. There are just too many witnesses...sorry Rite Aid. It looks like there is not much hope for you.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh Heavens, is there anything right about Rite Aid? I think you have to be mentally unstable to work there...I too have had an "unfortunate" experience there...When you're a new hire and you're nervous and the cops send in an underage decoy to buy ciggys, what do you do? Don't sell them any! Because if you do you'll get fired and you'll have to go to court for selling ciggys to a minor! Oh the agony!

Myra Bybee said...

Ha ha, oh you poor Stevens sisters and your run ins with the law via Rite Aid! My experiances with crazy cashiers of Rite Aid pale in comparison.

Erika said...

My brother is one of those decoys (but don't spread that around to convenient store clerks in Utah County). Your Rite Aid experiences remind me a lot of my neighborhood ghetto grocery store growing up in Provo. Oh, dear Allen's. I had a very entertaining conversation with a checker once about how to get rid of static. I thought another checker was going to vomit all over my groceries after he explained how much is stomach hurt from just eating a tub of chocolate pudding.