Tuesday, May 29, 2007

California Here We Come

Body Boarding rules!!! I am determined to learn how to surf now that I've caught the sickness. Okay, so I'm really not that good, but it was so fun!! We spent this last long weekend in San Diego (So Cal. Ha ha ha, I am such a wanna be!) I learned how to body board and now I am hooked. We spent all day at the beach body boarding and then we spent the next day observing the guys who really know how to do it on the bigger waves. Okay so maybe I wasn't so mezmarized by their skill as I was other things...but we won't go there (Mom are you reading this?) Anyway, I read up on how to surf and I think all I need now is a board and I am on my way to Hawaii! (I wish!) I find such a thrill in these things.

While we were out in the ocean waiting to catch the next good wave, I looked up to see something big, jumping through the waves. Panick ran through me as I remembered the, ever so looming, fear of sharks I'd had when I was younger. That fear was quickly replaced by amazement, however, when I realized the sharks were really dolphins. Sharks dont jump like that. Silly Amy.


Anyway, so I have decided to quit my job, trade my car in for a surf board, and live on Lagoona Beach. It is so beautiful. No wonder everyone wants to live there. Actually it's a good thing I don't live there, I'd really become irresponsable. It would be a bad thing.


Last week I went to Seattle on a business trip. Seattle is really green too and it's by the ocean. Maybe I'll move to Seattle, then I can work durring the week and freeze in the ocean on the weekends, as I struggle to teach myself how to surf. Wow, there are so many places to go, so many things to see, and so little time and money to do it with.

2 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

I will move to Hawaii with you and become a beach bum!

The Truth said...

Bodyboard does indeed rule! I'm a new learner myself. I would suggest your last suggestion of working during the week and freezing on the weekends to learn how to surf.