Wednesday, May 9, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day!

So I just wanted to explain the title of my blog a bit. "Beautiful Day" by U2 inspired me to see the better side of life. It helped me come out on top of some tough times and I think I could say that it really changed me. I had this brilliant idea that I was going to write to Bono and tell him how his song has influenced me, but then I decided that he probably gets millions of the same sort of letters from obsessed fans. I didnt want my sentimental scribble to get lost in the abyss of crazed fan letters so, one day, when I am famous (for something really great, though I don't know what that is at this moment or I'd already be famous) Bono will look on my blog and be flattered. (ha ha ha)

So here is the sound track of my life:

1. "Bohemian Rapsody" by: Queen - My cousin and I used to love this song when we were little.

2. "The Sign" by: Ace of Base - I thought this was the coolest song in Jr. High. (I was sooo cool!)

3. "It's a Beautiful Day" by: U2 - My senior year of High School my best friend Myra and I went to their concert. It was amazing!

4. "Spiderweb" by: No Doubt - High School, want to be bitter, girl song.

5. "Take It or Leave It" by: The Strokes - Singing at the top of our lungs while driving down Canyon Road on our regular date of dinner and a movie with Helene West.

6. "Yellow" by: Cold Play - First experience moving away from home after High School.

7. "Amber" by: 311 - My "I want to lie in a hammock on a deserted island and just chill" song.

8. "Bubbly Toes" by: Jack Johnson - To Shauna, because she has bubbly toes.

8. "We are going to be Friends" by: White Stripes - Backpacking Europe trip.

9. "Starlight" by: The Muse - To Stella, my speedy partner in crime!!!

10. "Stolen" by: Dashboard Confessional - Because it's just a really good song.

11. "Read My Mind" by: The Killers - Because I am so easy to read, dispite the fact that I don't want people to know what I'm thinking.

12. "Annie Are You Okay?" by: Alien Ant Farm - Because Myra, you are OK!!

13. "Glycerine" by: Bush - Cuz I love the title and the song too.

14. "The Sweater Song" by: Weezer - because it reminds me of Daniel and Ammon and makes me laugh.

15. "Single" by: Nitosha Beddingfield - To the "Fabulous Five"

*I dedicate this entry to my poor stolen CD collection. May Mr. 5 finger discount enjoy them as much as I have.

5 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Have you ever seen Bepa's bubbly toes? It's such a goofy phenomenon. Maybe she's a mutant. Or maybe she's genetically advanced already.
Nice soundtrack.

Shauna said...

Amy, we are so alike, it's scary. I love every one of those songs too (and not just 'cause you mentioned me in one of them)! Hooray for bubbly toes! And I personally think Bono would love to get a letter from you.

Myra Bybee said...

ok, so I love how almost every song on your soundtrack I was there for! Man we have been on a lot of adventures together!

Cassidy said...

I live the list as well. I am a bit surprised that you didn't add, Hey Ya! by Outkast... what with you and Myra always "shaking it like a Polaroid Picture."

Brooke said...

You got all your CD's stolen too? Doesn't it suck butt? It's like the worst thing ever. I cried for days...well almost! I love the list, I love how songs remind us of certain times in our lives! I'm going to copy your idea :) Hope you don't mind!